Serving Greater Vancouver
Monday - Friday: 9:00 - 5:00 pm
(By Appointment Only)
Evenings:Appointments by exception only
Saturday: Appointments by exception only
Purposeful Living Counselling Clinic
14186 Wheatly Avenue.
White Rock, BC, Canada , V4B 2W5
Sexual Addiction Counselling in Surrey and White Rock
Addiction Counselling in Surrey and White Rock
Relationship Counselling in Surrey and White Rock
Individual Counselling in Surrey and White Rock
Sexual Addiction Counselling
Sexual addiction is best described as a progressive intimacy disorder characterized by compulsive sexual thoughts and acts. It has become a common struggle among many people throughout all generation in our society. We offer support in helping both the sex addict and his/her partner. Don't allow your struggle with sex addiction to interfere with your work, social and family life.
In a none judgmental environment, our clinic will help you get to the root cause of your sexual addiction, which can be related to unmet emotional needs and support you to get free from the devastating effect that it can cause you and your family.
Call or email us today to make an appointment. Don’t let shame stopping you from seeking help. We care for you.
More Information on Sexual Addiction
The addiction Cycle has four distinct and sequential components:
1. Preoccupation – The addictive cycle begins at the point where the addict's thoughts
become focused on the sexual behaviour.
2. Ritualization – Addicts enhance their preoccupation with rituals and regularly follow
methods of preparing for sexual activities to take place. Anything can become a ritual
for the addict.
3. Sexual Compulsivity – Addicts lose the ability to control their sexual behaviour.
4. Shame and Despair – The addict’s intense emotional pain leads to the fleeting
moments of sexual release. However, following the climax experience, the addict falls
into shame and despair. Isolation also increase.
Treatment for Sexual Addiction
1. Most sex addicts live in denial of their addiction, so treating an addiction is
dependent on the person accepting and admitting that he or she has a problem.
2. Treatment focuses on identifying the unmet emotional needs and the triggers that lead
to the sexual addiction. It helps the addicts develop a healthier coping mechanism to
address the compulsive sex thoughts and acts. Sexual addicts are supported to develop
a healthy sexuality.
3. Family counselling is also encouraged to support the family member (s), in many cases
the partner of the sexual addict, to have a voice and to heal from the emotional pain
caused by her or his sex addict partner behaviour.
Contact Us For Help
Don’t suffer in silence. There is hope for you. Call or email us today to make an appointment to start your healing process. We can support you to overcome the sex addiction and get your life back again. Don’t let shame stop you from seeking help.
Call Us: 604-379-4040